Fires break out in two Cambridgeshire homes

A tumble dryer caused the first floor of a Newmarket home to go up in flames.

Two fire engines from the town were called to a house fire in Freshfields at 10.43pm yesterday (Friday).

On arrival the residents of the home were unharmed and with neighbours.

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the first floor of the semi-detached property to tackle the blaze using two hoses.

The flames were extinguished by 11.18pm and the property was ventilated.

The fire was caused by a tumble dryer in a bedroom.

A second fire also broke out in a Cambridge flat last night.

Two crews from CambridgeEkin Road9pm., at about were called to reports of a fire alarm and a smell of burning from a flat in

Firefighters arrived to find a flat on fire and used two breathing apparatus and a hose to put out the blaze.

There was mainly smoke damage caused to the flat and the door was broken for firefighters to gain entry.

The fire, which was under control by 9.48pm, was caused accidentally by cooking and no-one was injured.

 

Leave a Reply